We are currently accepting abstract submissions for the 2017 Human Trafficking & Social Justice Conference.
Are you a thriver, would you like to share your experience? Have you completed research on topics of human trafficking or social justice? Do you have experience working in the field of social justice or human trafficking? If so, we want to hear from you!
Please submit an abstract of no longer than 250 words which includes objectives to be achieved in the session. This will provide the conference planning committee with all required information for evaluating and selecting this year's presenters. Abstracts that do not contain objectives will not be considered. Please make sure your abstract is clear, interesting and based on lived experience and/or credible research.
We also request that you submit a brief personal/professional bio of 50 words or less for each presenter. Please include your educational background (if relevant), your experience, and any other information that demonstrates your expertise in the area of which you are presenting. Your bio will be used to secure continuing educational credits for professionals attending the conference and to introduce you in your conference session. Please be aware, if your abstract is selected we may ask for a current resume.
Submission Deadline: July 15th, 2017
All will be notified by: August 15th, 2017 (but may be earlier)
Below are a few examples of possible presentation topics:
Human Trafficking Topics:
Advocacy & Social Action
Children and Teen Victims of Trafficking
- Children of Women in the Sex Industry
- Coalition Building and Consciousness
- Domestic Trafficking
- Drug Addiction and the Sex Trade Emotional Health
- HIV & other Health Related Risks
- International Trafficking Intervention
- Law Enforcement Perspectives
- LGBTQ Experience
- Men & Boys in the Sex Trade
- Neighborhood & Community Responses
- Paradigms, Perspectives & Policies
- Personal Experiences in the Sex Trade
- Programming Models and Funding
- Social Justice
- Survivor Experiences and Stories
- Target Assessment & Effective
- Violence and the Sex Trade
- and more…
Social Justice Topics:
Access to Healthcare
- Children’s Rights
- Civil Rights
- Corporate Oppression
- Environmental Justice
- Exploitation in the Media
- Fair Wages/Fair Trade
- Food Justice
- Global Warming
- Human Rights
- Mass Incarceration
- Medical Experimentation
- Pipeline to Prison
- Police Brutality
- Socio Economic Status
- and more…
CALL FOR ART
“Weaving Threads of Survival Through Hope”
This exhibit will highlight how the arts give visual voice to the issues of social justice and opportunities for positive change.
If you are an artist, please consider creating artwork that speaks to the personal and universal themes of resiliency and hope in social justice.
Submission requirements must be met in full for consideration:
· Exhibit Theme: “Weaving Threads of Survival Through Hope”
· 2-dimensional size cannot exceed 22”x 28".
· 2-dimensional pieces must be matted and/or framed, unless on canvas.
· Each artist may submit multiple artworks, but 1-3 pieces of art work may be exhibited based on limited exhibition space.
· The attached application must be completed in full and submitted with art work(s).
· Artwork must be noted as “For Sale” (FS)($____) , or noted as “Not For Sale” (NFS)
· The exhibit committee holds the right to refuse any artwork if it is
· considered inappropriate or not in good taste by the committee.